Sustainability is not a fixed goal, but rather the responsibility to continuously search for better solutions and new, environmental friendly paths.
Sustainable use of water
- To ensure that as little water as possible is wasted, we use water-saving shower heads and fittings.
- Instead of long-distance mineral water, we offer our sparkling and still Alpine water Alpenrose, which comes from our own spring. The spring originates directly behind the hotel.
Future-oriented energy generation
- A 300m² solar system provides hot water.
- Used grease and organic waste are professionally disposed of and recycled for energy production.
- A low-temperature heating system provides heat economically.
- The ground water heat pump provides climate-neutral heating and hot water in the hotel.
- An environmetally friendly air heat pump supplies the employee house with hot water and heating.
- Our indoor swimming pool and whirlpool are heated by the energy of the waste heat from our cooling devices.
- We use electricity from renewable sources from Illwerke Vkw.
- We use our own small hydroelectric power station to generate electricity in our mountain hut.
Environmental protection and sustainability
- The smallest carbon footprint compared to "classic" holidays such as in Italy, Spain, Turkey, etc. is caused by a summer holiday in Austria.
- Winter and summer holidays in Austria's mountains are among the most climate friendly forms of travel.
- A winter holiday in Austria causes only just under 21% of greenhouse gas emissions compared to a holiday with flight in Spain.
- If you travel by train, you cause only just under 13% of the emissions compared to air travel.
- Nearly Co2 neutral you travel by train in contrast to a classic trip to Italy.
- There is a charging station for electric cars at the hotel. Also our employee get an electric car for environmentally friendly transportation.
- As our guest, you can cancel the cleaning o the room an receive a credit note, a wellness voucher, etc.
- In the bathrooms and public toilets we have Co2 neutral toilet paper.
- We only use biodegradable cleaning and washing agents.
- For the modernization of our hotel we used regional materials from exclusively local construction companies and service providers.
- For feeding our deers we use the hay that we obtain wehen moiwing the meadows.
Regional Products & Seasonal Offer
Products & Offers
- We always pay attention to regional and seasonal products when shopping.
- We obtain our dairy products from regional farmers.
- We offer game meat from our own hunting.
- Whenever possible, we buy products from local suppliers.
- Avoiding plastic packaging, straws, etc. is of great concern to us. Instead, we use natural materials such as paper, wood, stone, etc.